+10 344 123 64 77

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

8 Mistakes New Bloggers Make When Starting Blogging

In my last post I explained Why we should start blogging, Blogging can be a good hobby and even a source of income. Many new bloggers step in this field with thought of earning money and they don't make it long enough, The reason is simple, In thought of earning money they forget that Blogging is not an easy task, It's not like 'I make a blog and overnight money start to rain on me'. Blogging is a difficult task and requires true hard work for it to return something back. 

blogging mistakes

In this post I will list 10 most common mistakes new bloggers make when starting blogging. These mistakes prove to be the road block in their success and instead of earning money, they will end up quitting blogging. Any one can Earn money through blogging, The only thing is that he implies right methods. My main goal for making this blog is to help others with my experience and learn from my mistakes.

8 Mistakes New Bloggers Make When Starting Blogging

1. Copy-Paste Articles from Other Website

This is the Biggest mistake one will ever make in his blogging career. If you continue to do this then you will face big problems in future. You might get banned by google or other search engines. If they detect you as spammer then they might mark your IP address as Spam. 

Plagiarism is a big mistake in blogging world, So whatever you do, Never copy articles from other blogs and paste on yours, this can be easily detected by google crawlers and consequences will never be good for you. However you can take inspiration from other bloggers, You can take ideas and write your own article on it. For example you can take idea from any of my post and write it yourself with additional information or by adding some points which I may have missed.

2. Multi Niche Articles

This is another big mistake many new bloggers make. Since they are new to this field, they often get mislead and lose focus. I've seen many bloggers who start their blog based on a niche and end up writing articles on different niches :P Well I also did same mistake before, When I used to start a fixed niche based blog, I often used to get bored after few days and end up leaving that blog. 

This is not at all good, I know initial days of blog setup are boring but one should hold on to it. Keep your focus clear and keep working hard because one day you will get what you deserve. 

3. Choosing Wrong Domain Name

Domain name plays a very important role in a blogs success, Domain names containing keywords help in getting a good position in search results. Domain name should be simple, understandable and easy to remember. Try to use blog related keywords inside domain name.

Avoid using numbers and hypen (-) in domain names. Keep them short and sweet, Avoid using very long domain names.

4. Focusing on Quantity

New bloggers often make this mistake, They focus on quantity of articles than quality. Quantity is not important, It doesn't matter if your website has 500 post, What matters is the quality of the posts. If my website contains 100 articles but of high quality, Readers would like to stick with my site other than a site with 500 bullshit posts.

So focus on article quality and not quantity. It is always better to have less High quality posts than High low quality ones. Always keep this in Mind.

5. No Regularity

For a blog to perform well, You should keep updating it frequently. If possible everyday, but 2-3 posts a week is also acceptable. A blog which has fresh content is loved most by readers.

Since I work in merchant navy, I remain outside my country for months and Don't get enough time for blogging. Because of this one of my blog suffered huge loss, In past year I published only 3-4 articles. My Alexa rank dropped significantly from 75k global to 400k. So it is very important to update blog as frequent as possible.

6. Too Much Advertising

I know that new bloggers are desperate to earn money but stuffing you website with ads is not a good idea. Readers don't like ads and if you stuff them all over the place they will not feel comfortable using you site and thus they we leave. 

You should place ads properly and avoid using more than 3 ads per page. Ads should not create difficulty for people.

7. No Interaction

If somebody leaves a comment on your blog asking some question or doubt then you should always reply with solution or information. Interaction with public is very important for bloggers, If you clear visitors doubts then he will like to visit your blog again. Visitors are god for you, without them you cannot even think of surviving in this field. Always take visitors seriously and reply to their comments.

8. Basic SEO

SEO means Search Engine Optimization, Basically this helps your website rank better in search engines thus bringing in more traffic And More traffic means more money. Basic SEO includes Submitting sitemap, using meta tags, alt tags, link building etc.

In future posts I talk more about basic SEO, Till then feel free to checkout the SEO section of my other website The-Area51.com

Final Words

So Try to avoid these mistake and I'm sure you'll see the improvements. Keep in mind blogging requires patience and hard work. So keep working hard and you'll sure get somewhere. 

Keep Blogging

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you...
    I also used to do those mistakes but I think now I’m in the right path
    Here is my blog
    Most Useful Tricks

    Regards
    sagar

    ReplyDelete